Thinking of the best, cool, cute, male and female French Bulldog names for your new pup?
Popularly nicknamed the Frenchie by fans, this breed fast became a doggy trend. Popular celebrities like Lady Gaga jr., Madonna, John Legend, and Hugh Jackman all own French Bulldogs.
Not surprisingly, Frenchie is the second most popular dog breed in the United States.
The main reason for this is its lovely personality and manageable size. Frenchies can adapt to different settings and families, and they are also easy to maintain.
These and more make it an excellent companion, what it was bred to do.
If you’re ready to jump on the moving train by owning a Frenchie, getting an appropriate name for your lovely boy or girl pooch is one of the first things you should do.
To help you with that, we have put together a list of the best boy and girl Frenchie names, classified into different categories, each with its significance.
Female French Bulldog Names
For your lovely female Frenchie, you may want a name that fits her feminine gender, as well as her temperaments and even physical traits.
Some pet parents prefer girly names, others want something with a tougher edge.
Whatever your preferences are, the following girl French Bulldog names will fit your pup.
- Alma (which means nurturing)
- Diana (stands for divine)
- Lumi (it has something to do with the snow)
- Maisie (of Scottish origin. It means a girl)
- Lilith (a sweet name with a dark twist. It means ‘dark monster’)
- Astrid (means divinely beautiful, which of course your Frenchie is)
- Mabel (for your lovable pooch. It means ‘lovable’, by the way)
- Leila (a word that signifies night)
- Alice (it means noble)
- Matilda (a badass name that means might or strength)
- Phoebe (it means shining one)
- Beryl (it means sea-green jewel)
- Cleo (a short form of Cleopatra, the old Egyptian queen)
- Belinda (it means pretty one)
- Maple (a sweet syrup)
- Estelle (stands for star)
- Lucille (of French origin, stands for light)
- Zuri (of Swahili origin, means beautiful)
- Noelle (if your Frenchie was a Christmas gift, this can go well)
- Paris (a city of light)
- Amelie (it means hardworking)
Here are some other beautiful French Bulldog girl names, derived from different cultures
- Sally Sad Sack
Male French Bulldog Names
Getting male French Bulldog names is easy. The only problem you might face is having to choose between so many good names.
Just like with the female Frenchie, pet parents would want a name that reflects the male gender while keeping his personality and traits in mind.
Here are some French Bulldog boy names with meanings:
- Benjamin (it means son of the right hand)
- Andre (a fanciful name that means bravery)
- Edmund (a protector)
- Baron (stands for ‘son of the strength’)
- Duval (of Gaelic origin, means son of the valley)
- Leopold (also implies bravery)
- Noah (means wandering)
- Gerald (means rule of the spear. Sounds noble)
- Magnus (stands for ‘greatest’)
- Maximus (it also has something to do with greatness)
- Pierre (stands for stone/rock)
- Julian (means youthful)
- Jean (of French origin, it means gift from God. Sounds appropriate for a Frenchie)
- Vernon (means full of life)
- Damien (one who tames the wild. Well, Frenchies can tame your wild emotions)
- Zach (the Lord recalls)
- Aurelius (means the golden one)
- Pascal (one who is born during the Passover)
- Percival (means pieces of the valley)
- Jasper (bringer of treasure)
- Orson (means bear)
Besides these, there are other random male French Bulldog names you can get, just by looking for inspiration around you. They include:
Cool French Bulldog Names
Cool names are fitting for the French Bulldog because of its nature. A calm and lovely breed, it is only normal that you’d want a name that reflects that.
These cool French Bulldog names are as adorable as your pet:
Funny French Bulldog Names
How about names with some humor? Dogs have their ways of making you laugh, and your Frenchie’s name can reflect that.
The good thing about funny names is that you can still use them as a nickname:
- Jimmy Chew
Badass French Bulldog Names
While Frenchies are not as adventurous and wild-looking as breeds like the Siberian Husky, it still deserves some badass names for both males and females.
- QT Pie
- Sophie Monster
Cute Frenchie Names
Finally, you can ‘shop’ for the cutest Frenchie names in this section. These names are elegant, sweet, and pawfect for a Frenchie.
- Chelsea Madison
Guide on Naming Your Frenchie
With our suggestions, you have more than enough options for your Frenchie. We do realize, however, that this doesn’t necessarily make your job easier.
There are so many fitting names! How do you know which to go for? We can’t make that decision for you, but we can guide you with some tips:
- Names with shorter syllables (1 or 2) are easier for your Frenchie to remember.
- Pick names that are easy to articulate.
- Do not name your pet after your neighbor or someone you know. It can cause some conflict.
- Avoid renaming your Frenchie.
- Avoid using epithets.
- The gender, physical and personality traits of your particular Frenchie would guide you in picking a name.
Can You Change A Dog’s Name? Pro Tips
How did French Bulldogs get their name?
The French Bulldog was bred to be a companion, made as a smaller version of the English Bulldog.
Though it originated in England, it got popular in France. This is why the breed was named “The French Bulldog.”
The French Bulldog deserves a good name, and we hope we helped in making that choice.
It is pleasing both to the pet and to you as the owner to give a befitting name to your pooch.
Whatever you do, avoid giving your pooch these 150+ Worst Dog Names That Are Terrible and Inappropriate.